Biodiversity and WorldMap
If you find any bugs, or have any queries or suggestions,
please contact us.
- The coloured squares plotted on the grid cells do not always meet
properly, without either fragmentation of the image or partially overlap
of grid cells (this may be especially obvious if an empty grid is
viewed). This is a problem with the Windows graphics functions, not
with arithmetic within WORLDMAP (zooming the affected part of the
image will show the correct gridcell registration). The gridcell plotting
function attempts to offset this problem by calculating an additional
overlap factor when the image is scaled down on the screen. The problem
is being monitored and adjustments made.
- When the coastline is set to automatic contrast (black/white) with
the background, it prints to the printer as black. This can only only
be captured as a bitmap (.BMP) at present.
- WYSIWYG printing requires polishing.
- Data import/export facilities will be augmented as required for
- Tree-distance measures will be implemented more fully as collaborative
projects with suitable data arise.
- Area-selection methods and biogeographic tools will be developed
as required for collaborative projects.