If you do use the protocols in your work, please reference the following in any publication or presentation about work where the protocol is used:
- the named author (at the top of the protocol)
- Molecular Laboratories, Natural History Museum, London.
Feel free to download and use our protocols for your own experiments.
- General stock solutions - over 35 recipes for the lab's most common reagents PDF (87KB)
- Agar plates PDF (10KB)
- Bacterial growth media PDF (171KB)
- Chloramphenicol PDF (31KB)
- EDTA PDF (28KB)
- IPTG/X-gal (19KB)
- Phenol chloroform (12KB)
- RNase (16KB)
- Rq1-DNase (16KB)
- TE buffer (29KB)
- Tris (27KB)
Please note: Health and safety information is not provided with the protocols. It is your responsibility to obtain, read and adhere to all H&S procedures for your work. Please ask the LMT if you need help with this.