Skip navigation
63 Views 1 Reply Last post: Jul 9, 2018 1:50 PM by flecc RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 8, 2018 12:41 PM

Please help to identify tiny flying bugs

I have seen them before but wasn't bothered as it wasn't many before. But now all my windows are covered in them and i am also finding them crawling on me especially after trip to garden. Few times I have been bitten by them - felt pain as if pinched with tiny needle. They don't survive too long indoors - loads of dead bodies on window sills and any gaps around doors or other entrances. Outdoor cobwebs are also full of them. I could just about see they have wings unless they do funny movements with they legs before jumping off but it looked more like tiny wings. They are about 1-2mm long and really skinny. Can't even take a decent picture as they are so small. Pics attached are with maximum zoom on my phone.

I dont feel comfortable to open my windows and let them in even in this heat as they bitten me before. Would like to know what I can do about them but have no idea how they are called.

  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2018 1:50 PM (in response to Simona)
    Re: Please help to identify tiny flying bugs

    They are Thrips, sometimes called Thunderbugs since they swarm when the weather is hot and humid, threatening storms.  They are a common house pest at such times.  They are very short lived and disappear when the weather changes and are harmless, so no action is needed.  You'll find plenty online about them such as in this mumsnet link.



    • Report Abuse

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked by (0)