We need more than a photo.
- is a magnet attracted to it?
- is steel attracted to it?
Make a simple electrical circuit with wires, a torch battery and torch-light bulb, and prove if it is electrically conductive or not.
- can you scratch it with a penknife?
- can you scratch it with other easily-available things of various hardnesses?
List things that will scratch it, and things that will not.
- Weigh it (gm)
- Determine its volume (use water immersion method) (ml)
Divide weight by volume.
Determine its streak
Ok thank you for your help so far I will be sure found out as much as I possibly can from the list you sent me and then up load the results , so far all i know is u can not scratch it and it's not attracted to a magnet
Its also helpful to know where you found it is it a Red Sandstone /Coal area
First impressions for me its a lump of Iron oxide perhaps natural/ industrial waste/slag or a rusted unknown man made fragment What ever it is its well polished rather than burnt Some steels will not be attracted to a magnet use a compass