I was wondering if anyone ou there could cast a little light on this small rock I found on the Norfolk beach over the weekend (between Winterton and Hemsby). Its got the colour of house brick but it is a hard rock rather than a soft brick ( the circle on the picture is where a bit has chipped off).I was wondering if it was a piece of coprolite.
I think it may be industrial or maybe a concretion (septarian nodule-ish).
- does it attract a magnet?
- is steel magnetically attracted to it?
- does it conduct electricity?
- what is its density (weigh it, and calculate its volume by immersing it in water) ?
- how hard is it? (try scratching it with a finger nail, an old glass bottle, and with a kitchen knife; tell me which scratches it, if any of them)