Hi, I wonder if anyone will be able to help me? I found 3 rocks in my garden while digging a deep soak away! The biggest one measures 520mm x 420mm and weighs in at around 35kgs! I've done a little research and think they might be coprolites! Would love to know the truth! Thanks, Steven!
It looks like a concretion to me, though don't treat that as an ID.
- what does it look like on the other side and in the middle?
- are the other two speciments similar in shape (if not size) and colour?
- are they roughly the density of stone/concrete?
- what were you digging through when you found them? (soil, friable rock, peaty material, etc.)
- is a magnet attracted to them?
- whereabouts is your garden? (country, county and town would do for now)