Skip navigation
1427 Views 0 Replies Last post: Sep 6, 2012 7:11 PM by juliettelisa RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 6, 2012 7:11 PM

What is this beetle?

I keep seeing beetles which look like this:


I apologise for lack of actual photograph. I do not have a camera good enough to zoom in and capture it's detail. It looks like those carpet beetles

you would normally find on windowsills however these do not look like the varied type or the black type. They have two distinct yellowish/cream

dots or sploges near to either its head or it's tail end, i'm not quite sure which is which. It looks to be black from far away but on close inspection is a dark brown. Could it be a lady bird ? I know you are all experts here at NHM. I am going a bit crazy because i have been googling for ages and they look nothing like the normal carpet beetles you would find in the UK. I usually find them on windowsills and counter tops near the window, so it looks like they fly to the light but they appear dead. Is it the time of year for lady birds to enter the home? thanks in advance.

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked by (0)

What the symbols mean

  • "correct" answer available
  • "helpful" answer