Welcome to our brand new blog full of behind-the-scenes news about the Museum's online shop. This is where you'll be able to gain insider knowledge about products, reviews and the unique offers that are exclusive to us. To celebrate our very first post (and the fact that spring is almost here) our dinosaurs, and some of their friends, decided to join us for a cup of tea and cake.
Our dinos love any excuse for a bit of #MuseumCake.
Although some ended up with more than others...
Never trust a T. rex with your biscuits.
Hmmm, well we managed to grab a few crumbs from the plate and are roaring to get going. So what can you expect from us?
- Exclusive offers: missed out on our half price dinosaur trunki, £100 voucher giveaway or Darwin day book offer? Don't you worry we'll have plenty more competitions coming up. Remember to check for free delivery weekends.
- Product of the month: each month we choose our favourite product and tell you why we love it.
- Real reviews: do you want to be featured in our blog? Then send us a review of your favourite product in the comments below or tweet a photo to @Shop_at_NHM.
- Up to the minute news of brand new features of the shop website, including our new, updated prints on demand category.
- The stories behind our products and how they are sourced.
Seriously, what else could you possibly want from us? More? Well, alright. If we have missed something you'd love to see let us know in the comments below.
Why should I shop with the Museum?
Good question. When you shop with the Museum you are supporting our work, whether it's maintaining the amazing late Victorian building, keeping the specimens looking pristine for your visit or funding our research.
Why should I fund your research?
Another good question. Research doesn't just take place in the Museum. Our scientists are sent to the far flung corners of the Earth to monitor endangered species or identify new ones.
Some of our research includes:
- studying the prevention of tropical diseases
- collecting meteorites in the Antarctic
- strandings of whales, dolphins and porpoises on UK shores
- gaining further understanding of what lurks in the deep sea
- tracking climate change through the study of midges
And this is only part of our work.The money raised helps to fund informative and engaging exhibitions that raise public awareness of urgent issues surrounding the natural world. Buying from the Museum's online shop gives you the chance to buy great gifts while supporting valuable work.
We hope we've given you enough to stick around and and a good reason to browse our online shop. If there is anything you feel that we missed remember to comment. We're off for some more tea and cake before the dinosaurs eat it all.
It's a hard life living in the Museum.