Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated
The administrative process for obtaining permission to collect plants in Tanzania is complicated. My Research Permit was issued by the Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) after my Research Proposal was reviewed by a panel of Tanzanian scientists. In each region of the country I bring this permit to the Regional Administrator Secretary (RAS), who then writes a letter of introduction a District Office, a Forest Reserve Office, a Nature Reserve Office, or a Game Reserve Office. I have a folder full of lots of different official letters. This paperwork takes a long time to do but it is a necessary part of the progress – nature protection in Tanzania is well organised and I am pleased to see that people are so serious about protecting natural areas.
Comments (0)