- Antherton I, Bonsanquet S, Lawley M 2010. Mosses and Liverworts of Britain and Ireland. A Field Guide. British Bryological Society.
- Porley R P, Hodgetts N G 2005. Mosses and Liverworts. Collins New Naturalist Series.
- Goffinet B, Shaw A J, Cox C J 2004. Phylogenetic inferences in the dung-moss family Splachnaceae from analyses of CPDNA sequence data and implications for the evolution of entomophyly. American Journal of Botany 91: 748–759
- Hill M O, Preston C D, Smith A J E, eds. 1994. Atlas of the bryophytes of Britain and Ireland. Volume 3. Mosses (Diplolepideae). Colchester: Harley Books
- Koponen A. 1990. Entomophily in the Splachnaceae. Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society 104: 115–127
- Bequaert J 1921. On the dispersal by flies of the spores of certain mosses of the family Splachnaceae. The Bryologist 24: 1–4