The winter form, f. sesamus, is slightly larger, wings
- are predominantly blue to blue-purple through the basal and discal areas on the wing upperside,
- have a line of post-discal orange patches on both wings.
- forewing apexes are black with one or two small white spots
- submargins show a band of the blue basal colouration sandwiched in between black
- the margin is the basal blue colour or black.
- the underside is a cryptic brown colour with a faint array of post-discal spots, which hardly differ in colouration to the basal colours.