- Hervey, D. & Gange, A. (2003) The Private Life of the Stag Beetle (Lucanus cervus), The Bulletin of the Amateur Entomologists' Society. Volume 62, Number 451, pp.240 – 244
- Thomaes, A. , Kervyn, T. , Maes, D. (2008) Applying species distribution modelling for the conservation of the threatened saproxylic Stag Beetle (Lucanus cervus). aResearch Institute for Nature and Forest (INBO), Gaverstraat 4, B-9500 Geraardsbergen, Belgium, bDirectorate General for Nature Resources and Environment (DGRNE), Avenue Prince de Liège 15, B-5100 Jambes, Belgium, cResearch Institute for Nature and Forest (INBO), Kliniekstraat 25, B-1070 Brussels, Belgium
- Fremlin, M. (2009) Stag beetle (Lucanus cervus, (L., 1758), Lucanidae) urban behaviour in Buse, Alexander, Ranius & Assmann (Eds) 2009 Saproxylic Beetles - their role and diversity in European woodland and tree habitats. Proceedings of the 5th Symposium and Workshop on the Conservation of Saproxylic Beetles, pp. 161-176.
- Clark, J.T. (1979) Aspects of variation in the stag beetle Lucanus cervus (L.) (Coleoptera: Lucanidae). Systematic Entomology Volume 2 Issue 1, Pages 9 – 16. The Royal Entomological Society. Published Online: 2 Jan 2008
- Harvey, D. Gange, A. (2006) Size variation and mating success in the stag beetle, Lucanus cervus. Physiological Entomology. Vol. 31, Issue 3, pp 218-226. The Royal Entomological Society.