- Listed as of Least Concern but with our possible international responsibility for this taxon highlighted.
- in the “Vascular Plant Red Data List for Great Britain” (Cheffings et al., 2005)
- protected from collection for commercial trade under the Wildlife and Countryside Act.
In urban areas and their environs the continuing genetic purity of the surviving fragmented H. non-scripta populations is unlikely.
In the countryside
- Education is necessary to slow the inexorable spread of H. hispanica genes.
- preventing the disposal of garden waste into rural areas adjacent to woodlands, etc. containing bluebell populations
The effect of these precautions will ultimately have in large natural populations of H. non-scripta is still unclear.